Monday, November 14, 2011

Too Much


11-14-11
Some days the flood of ideas, requests, opportunities is just overwhelming – not in a bad way, rather in an overexcited way. So today
1.     iPad broadcasting to the Smartboard/projector – I was playing with my iPad this weekend when I found that I could mirror the iPad on the TV via Apple TV. This would certainly be useful in the classroom but is there an app that can do it? If so the $99 cost of Apple TV would not be justifiable, if not then we need to use this. There are many teachers that would love to broadcast to the board. The students could share their work if they chose to.
2.     iPad apps and wiki collaboration  - I have been struggling with all the apps that are available and how to share them. We want to have teachers (all now have iPads) to find and share any apps that are useful. I have been working on a wiki to help this sharing and will let the teachers know of it at the next faculty meeting.
3.     eBook and Kindle library book checkout – Our head librarian came to me 5 minutes ago and talked to me about electronic checkout of books for our library. I had heard that the public library was doing here but now we might have the opportunity to house electronic checkout right here. The company is called Overdrive and we will be doing a little research on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment