Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Update


11-18-11

The big issue with iPads lately is the students leaving them outside their lockers. During the typical day it’s not much of an issue because the location is on campus and remote but as we have guests on campus they are open and could potentially be stolen. If they are found we take them for 1 week. I have had about 10 at any given time for a while – it is beginning to taper off so hopefully it will die down soon – the students miss their iPads.
Following up on the 3 ideas I had in the last post
1.     I received the Apple TV and immediately connected it but quickly found out that you cannot just get an HDMI to VGA adapter cable – you need to actually order a converter box to perform the D to A conversion. I ordered the box and hopefully we will be on track next week.
2.     I have decided to video myself using an app, post it to YouTube and then catalog it on the WIKI – the link is here https://hdssharedresource.wikispaces.com/APPS.
3.     I have not followed up much with the eBook checkout other than posting the question to a user group. I had one person who had/was having a bad experience with Overdrive (the e checkout option for library) and several others that seemed to be having some luck with it – we will certainly be exploring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment