Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Student Roll out – Phase I - unpacking, assembly and naming


With all the boxes in the room I was ready to begin. I began to take off the first layer of packaging so that I could set up my workstation – I was amazed at the packaging that the Amazon neoprene cases came in – A large box, filled with boxes, each box containing a neoprene case. See below



 
The first step I took was to try and create a good assembly line for myself. Starting from the left I had the ipads in boxes, the cases, and chargers. On the right I had trash, the famous P-touch label maker and neoprene cases.


 
The assembly started and I timed it out at 3 minutes per unit. It went quite well and by the end of the day I had completed 50. The next step is to sync them all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment